This is something that has been done for years! The level of luxury, of course, has changed over the period of time, what with Royals taking this route first to mere mortals taking the tour. But this is still a luxurious and tranquil experience. Cruise along the majestic Yangtze River, passing through the Three Gorges region, home to thousands of years of history and timeless natural beauty.
Sit back, relax and enjoy!
Land at the port from airport/railway station in Yichang to board five-star Yangtze Cruise for 4 nights on-board. Set sail at night. The adventure begins!
While you were snoozing the cruise has reached the Three Gorges Dam at Sandouping, the largest in the world.
Later sail through the Three Gorges Dam ship locks. Sail through Xiling Gorge, the longest (41 miles), and the deepest of the Three Gorges.
If the river conditions are favorable, we will catch a glimpse of life in the Xiling Gorge region, the Tribe of the Three Gorges Excursion. Else, simply relax on board!
We take a break from your luxurious quarters on deck to transfer to another vessel for a relaxing excursion through the attractive gorges of Goddess Stream. Again, if the river conditions are great, an alternate excursion may be substituted to the gorges of Shennong Stream.
We then enter the Wu Gorge, known for its quiet beauty, forest-covered mountains, and cliffs so sheer that the sun barely penetrates the precipices.
This brings us to the dramatic part of the cruise, sailing through Qutang Gorge - the shortest (5 miles), narrowest (500 feet).
Again, if the river conditions are ideal, you can take a Shore Excursion to White Emperor City, an ancient city overlooking the western end of Qutang Gorge.
Wake up and take a shore excursion to Shibaozhai, with its impressive wooden pagoda, appropriately named “The Pearl of the Yangtze”.
It's an established fact by now, if river conditions are great, an alternate excursion may be substituted to Fengdu, visiting either the new relocation village built for families who have moved as a result of the Yangtze’s rising waters brought about by the Three Gorges Dam.
And again, if the river conditions permit, an additional Shore Excursion to Fengdu’s “Ghost City”, known for its statues of ghosts and devils on Mingshan Hill. Well, creepy dreams for the night!
End the cruise at picturesque Chongqing, the “Mountain City”. Meet our local guide to reach the Chongqing airport for your departure flight.
Points to note:
1. The prices are valid for traveling from March to November in 2017.
2. There are two single beds in each standard cabin. King size bed is available in suite only.
3. The standard cabin on the cruise ship is not very big, we usually do not suggest clients add an extra bed in the cabin.
4. The size of each bed in the standard cabin is only 0.9m*2m. So we usually do not suggest two clients share one bed.
5. The cruise allow single traveler occupy a half cabin instead of a whole cabin. For example, if there are 3 people traveling, the cruise ship can arrange the 3 rd person share a standard cabin with another one stranger.
6. The above prices are based on the standard cabins on the Main Deck (second floor). If the clients want to stay at standard cabin on higher deck, the extra charge is USD50 per person per deck.
7. The above prices do not include tips. When the clients board on the cruise ship, they have to pay the compulsive tips of CNY150 per person by themselves to the reception.
8. The above prices are valid for Indian and European passport holders only.
9. If you have more than 10 adults taking the tour, please let us know. We can discuss with the cruise company to see if any better group rates are available.
1. Standard twin cabins on the cruise ship.
2. Full board as specified in the itinerary during Yangtze River cruise.
3. Shore excursion arranged by the cruise ship.
4. Private transfer services between airport/railway station and pier in Yichang and Chongqing.
1. All the air tickets (international & domestic).
2. Meals that are not listed in the itinerary.
3. China Visa.
4. Additional excursions offered by the cruise ship.
5. Compulsive tips of CNY150 per person on the cruise.
6. Gratuities to the guide and driver in Yichang and Chongqing.
7. Personal expenses.
8. Items that are not specified above.